This is how I get things done. A co-worker (@codelemur) at DealNews did this recently and it seemed like a great idea.
- Web Devevelopment
Sequel Pro– PhpStorm now has DataGrip, which I’m using as my database tool. FireBug– the developer tools in Chrome have replaced this for me.
- XAMPP – apache, php, MySQL running on my MacBookPro.
- Evernote – any time I encounter useful information or the answer to a question, I try to capture it here.
- Evernote Web Clipper – great for snagging content from the web that I want to read or reference later. It has the ability to clip just the main content of the article without ads, menus, etc.
- Omnifocus – my todo list for Getting Things Done (GTD)
- Captio – capture quick notes on my phone and get them into email and Omnifocus automatically.
- Mind Meister – online, collaborative mind mapping tool.
- 1Password – all my secrets.